Home > Breaking News > Herdsmen/Farmers Clash: Kaduna Govt Warns Against Reprisal Attacks

Herdsmen/Farmers Clash: Kaduna Govt Warns Against Reprisal Attacks

BY Chris Ekere

Kaduna State government, monday, warned those circulating images of dead bodies and appealing for reprisal following violence that erupted
between herdsmen and farmers about a month ago in Kajuru local government area of the state to stop their activities or face the full wrath of the law.

Briefing journalists in Kaduna, Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, who conveyed the State Security Council’s meeting
decision said it was clear, that those circulating the inciting images were hell- bent on deepening the unfortunate incidence that occurred
last month.

Aruwan stressed further that no one found complicit in the Kajuru killings of last month will be spared.

He said security agencies apart from the massive arrests are also making remarkable progress in trailing suspects of the killings that were still at large.

Also Read This:  Russia-Saudi Arabia Deal Could Change Oil Prices for Decades

Aruwan said: “The Security Council meeting chaired by Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai received briefings from Garrison Commander, 1 Division
Nigerian Army, Kaduna, Base Commander of the Nigerian Air Force, Director DSS Kaduna State, Commissioner of Police and heads of other
security agencies operating in the state.

“The Security Council also reviewed the security situation in Birnin Gwari, Southern Kaduna, Kaduna-Abuja Road and Zaria-Kubau-Giwa axis.
Further means of enhancing security in the areas were discussed and actions recommended for prompt implementation.

“The Security Council further deliberated on the massive circulation of disturbing images of dead bodies, and injured victims, arising from
recent violence that erupted in Kajuru local government area of the state by mischievous persons, who are appealing for reprisals.

Also Read This:  Russia's Putin says His Biggest Mistake was Trusting the West

“The Security Council condemned the ongoing circulation of the call-to-revenge images and warned those engaging in the act to desist.
Anyone found will not be spared and will be prosecuted accordingly without fear or favour.

“It is on this premise that the Security Council wish to inform families, relations, associates and friends of the victims, that some suspects linked to the unfortunate incident have been arrested and presently undergoing investigation, while some have been arraigned for diligent prosecution.

“The government of Kaduna State, under the leadership of Governor El-Rufai is pursuing the matter with deep sense of justice and sanctity of the human life.

Also Read This:  ASUU Strike continues, as meeting with govt ends in deadlock

“As a principle of ensuring social justice, no compromise will be entertained in the process of the administration of justice.

“While Kaduna State government is involved in multi-dimensional approach towards mediation and peace building, the governor wishes to
appeal to the affected communities to resist appeals for reprisals and also refrain from taking laws into their hands.

“The ongoing prosecution is a testament of the will to ensure justice and rights in the state, therefore, resort to self-help or jungle justice breeds nothing but vicious cycle of bloodletting and desecration of the human life”,  El-Rufai’s spokesman explained.

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *