By SAMUEL PRINCE-NNAJI
Lieutenant General TY Buratai, Chief of Army Staff (COAS), has on Tuesday, approved the special promotion of 6,199 soldiers fighting Boko Haram.
The soldiers, part of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, benefited from the promotion to various ranks between Lance Corporals to Warrant Officers in the Nigerian Army.
This was disclosed in statement by Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman, Director Army Public Relations.
Here is the breakdown of the beneficiaries of the special promotion:
- Staff Sergeants – Warrant Officers –329
2. Sergeants – Staff Sergeants –371
3. Corporals – Sergeants –707
4. Lance Corporals – Corporals –1,290
5. Privates – Lance Corporals –3,502
“The COAS congratulates the beneficiaries and urged them to increase the tempo of the ongoing clearance operations of the Boko Haram terrorists in the North East”, the statement added.