By CHARLES UGOCHUKWU CHARLES
Google Maps has released a new update to the Android version of its hugely-successful navigation software.
In addition to real-time travel time information, Google Maps will now let you know when the best time to leave for your destination.
In this latest update, Google map will bring out a bar graph to show users the best time to start your journey to avoid the worst of the traffic.
To make use of this new feature, simply search a destination within Google Maps, pull up the Route Info screen from the bottom of the display. Google will display the travel time estimate on the top, with the new bar graph beneath it
The bar graph appears in either green, yellow, or red to indicate how bad traffic conditions are at any given time.
Google introduced the ability for users to see when local businesses were at their busiest time which is also shown in bar graph interface.
The Google Map update is available only on Android, Google is yet to reveal when the new feature will be available for iOS.
Google Map Features
- Automatically update Maps with information gathered from its Street View system.
- Street names, house numbers and businesses clearly visible in the imager courtesy of Google’s Ground Truth team
- While Street View cars collect millions of images daily, it is impossible to manually analyse more than 80 billion high resolution images collected to date in order to find new, or updated, information for Google Maps.
- Automatic extraction of information from our geo-located imagery to improve Google Maps.”
- Siphoning up-to-date information – like business names from store fronts.
- Ability for users to see when local businesses were at their busiest time which is also shown in bar graph interface.
How Find your Google Maps app version
- Open the Google Maps app .
- In the top left, tap the Menu .
- Choose Settings About, terms & privacy.
- Your Maps version is under “Version.”